How It Works
What Concierge Medicine means at Obsidian Men’s Health
Obsidian Men’s Health is a boutique medical practice that focuses strictly on men’s sexual health and well-being. “Concierge medicine” is a term with many definitions; here’s Obsidian’s approach:
We do not accept insurance, and services are to be paid for as they are provided. This enables us to see fewer patients, focus on personal, highly individualized treatment and provide education to men about all aspects of their sexual health. This also allows us to spend considerably more time with our clients than traditional practitioners, and provide unparalleled services and amenities.
Our policy of not accepting insurance likewise enables us to order tests or begin treatments that are medically appropriate even if an insurance company wouldn’t consider them cost-effective. We believe in doing what’s best for you, not your insurance provider. (Most lab tests and treatments we offer may be covered by insurance, however, and some carriers may reimburse clients for a portion of their Obsidian costs — be sure to check with yours to assess your options.)
Our concierge model also gives our clients much more access to the treating physician. With smaller caseloads, our expert physicians can be far more available to their clients by phone or e-mail, even at nights and on weekends. Our specialists are also available for house calls and even international travel when necessary.
We recognize that men want — and deserve — superior care in an exceptional environment. It is no overstatement to observe that traditional health-care providers are often unable to offer this kind of service. Obsidian can — every client, every visit.
The Benefits of Concierge Medicine
- Appointments within 24-72 hours
- Virtually no waiting
- Longer, more comprehensive appointments
- House calls available
- After hours appointments available
- Delivery of patient specific information including labs and medication lists via phone or email
- A strong focus on long-term sexual health and wellness
- A personal, meaningful relationship with your doctor
- Option of office closure for the utmost in discretion and privacy.
- Cappuccio, Top-Shelf Bourbon, Gin or Rum
- Large Screen TVs with Netflix in all rooms
- Complimentary WiFi
- Reduced Rates at Tysons Corner Ritz Carlton for Obsidian patients.
Learn about Obsidian’s cost specifications and insurance procedures.